On today’s episode, we’re recording from a National Park no one’s heard of – talking about the pros and cons of taking the road less traveled.
Here’s what we covered:
- What the heck is Lassen Volcanic National Park?
- Our favorite National Park experiences so far (we’ve visited 8 this year on our road trip!)
- Downsides to being off the beaten path
- The unconventional habits we have with our finances + our food prep
- The most inconvenient part of RV life we’ve experienced
- Our favorite (and not so favorite) parts of forging our own career paths
Resources mentioned in Episode 39:
Episode 38 | Where You Create Your Own Path
Episode 0 | Where The Coffee Is
Episode 22 | Where You Map Your Route
National Geographic Secrets of the National Parks
Episode 34 | A Serial Homestead
Episode 6 | Where You Bring the Bacon
Fact checking: Last year, the US was celebrating 100 years of the National Park Service, but the first National Park (Yellowstone) was established in 1872 – which was 145 years ago. Canada’s first National Park (Banff) was established in 1885. Thank you, Google!
Are you in the “eat the same thing everyday” camp or the “variety diet” camp? Let us know below or reach out on social media!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:19 — 32.5MB) | Embed
[…] to winter snow! There are lots of perks to exploring off the beaten path, which we chatted about in Episode 39. Our favorite hikes of the park (that were accessible to us in the snow) were Crags Lake and the […]